Councillor Tony St-Pierre
Tony St-Pierre was elected to District of Sooke Council in 2018 and re-elected in 2022.
Tony lives and works in the community as a small business owner and brings a vast wealth of knowledge from varying fields of experience, including being a permaculture farmer. With over 20 years of experience in the trades alongside master’s degrees in both Planning and Adult Education & Community Development, he provides a unique combination of practical experience with a strong academic background. Tony is committed to social justice and the healthy growth of individuals and the community. He cares passionately about affordable housing, local economic development, good design, efficiency that elevates quality, and participatory planning.
Family is an integral part of Tony’s life here in Sooke, he and his wife Christiana choose to plant their roots here with their children to create a long-term legacy.
Areas of expertise include:
- Rural Planning & Development
- Community Development
- Organizational Development
- Systems Analysis
- Participatory Planning
- Capital Regional District Climate Action Inter-Municipal Task Force
- CRD-Regional Housing Trust Fund Commission
- Te’Mexw Treaty Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- Capital Regional District Water Supply Commission (2021)
- Climate Caucus (2020-2021)
- Edward Milne Community School – Liaison (2021)
Contact Councillor St-Pierre: