Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
You can pre-pay your 2020 property taxes on a monthly pre-authorized basis starting August 1, 2019. The Property Tax Pre-Authorized Payment Plan is an optional payment plan which provides an opportunity for taxpayers to make equal monthly payments for property taxes. Payments will be processed as 10 equal payments and collected on the first day of each month commencing in August of the year preceding the tax due date and ending in May of the year in which the taxes become due. An 11th payment will be withdrawn for any property taxes still owing on the due date in July.
To apply, complete and SIGN the PAWS application and return it with a VOID blank cheque to the following address:
District of Sooke
2205 Otter Point Rd
Sooke BC V9Z 1J2
Home Owner Grant
Even if you prepay your property taxes, property owners meeting the eligibility requirements for the Home Owner Grant must sign and complete the application form at the bottom of the tax notice and return it to the District of Sooke office before the penalty date, or claim your Home Owner Grant electronically at the District of Sooke’s website before the penalty date using your folio number and access code. Important:
- Home Owner Grant applications that are incomplete, unclaimed or late will result in a 10% penalty.
- All dishonoured payments will be subject to a $35.00 service charge.
- The District of Sooke may cancel enrolment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan if two payments are not honoured by the financial institution.
Requesting Changes? Written notification to the District of Sooke is required ten (10) days prior to the installment date for the following changes:
- Selling your property
- Changing your bank account, bank or branch
- Discontinuing participation from the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
For further information or general inquiries, contact the District of Sooke Tax Department at 250-642-1634 or come by in person to 2205 Otter Point Rd.