Page updated January 5, 2021
The Financial Services Department oversees the financial management and coordinates Information Technology functions for the District of Sooke. Departmental duties and functions include:
- Financial Planning
- Treasury and cash management
- Accounting and payroll
- Financial reporting and internal control
- Property Tax
- Business Licences and Commercial Vehicles
- Risk Management and Claims
- Municipal Budget
- Updated January 5, 2021: As of January 1, 2021, the Province of British Columbia will be administering the Home Owner Grant. The province shares, “theses amendments are the first step to centralizing the homeowner grant program for the 2021 tax year. The proposed amendments do not change the eligibility criteria for the program.” This means that the Province will be entirely responsible for the homeowner grant program for the 2021 tax year AND all homeowners will apply directly to the Province online or over the phone, read more.
Release of Audit Findings
Audit Findings Reports to Council are prepared annually by the District of Sooke’s external auditors. The District’s auditors, KPMG, consider these reports confidential and deliver the findings to Council on a confidential basis. The District may release the information if it chooses. Reports released are available here.