The district values input from its citizens. below, please find current and recent opportunities to provide your input. Comments can also be received, at any time, through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tree Management Bylaw (Coming soon!)
- Starting Monday, November 2, 2020, at noon the public is invited to provide input to inform the development of a tree management bylaw. The survey will close at midnight on Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
OCP Review Virtual Ideas Fair – Community Visioning Survey (current)
- This SURVEY will be open until November 6, 2020, as the first phase (of several) in the OCP Review community engagement process.
- Additional opportunities:
- a print survey will be distributed through the Sooke News Mirror on October 21-22, 2020. Return completed surveys to the District of Sooke Municipal Hall, located at 2205 Otter Point Road. Please place in the drop-slot by the main entrance by Thursday, November 5, 2020.
- Community Sounding Boards will be popping up at local businesses from October 27 to November 5, 2020. Check back as locations are added:
- SEAPARC Leisure Complex, 2168 Phillips Rd
- Sooke Region Museum and Visitor Information Centre, located at 2020 Phillips Road
- Pure Elements Hair Design and Bodyworks ltd., located at6689 Goodmere Rd.
‘New” Building Bylaw Survey (closed)
- This Survey is now closed.
- Please visit our Building Safety page for more information about changes to the Building Bylaw.
2021-2025 Five Year Financial Plan Survey (closed)
- This SURVEY is now closed.
- this interactive survey provided residents with the opportunity to learn about District departments and operations, see how your tax dollars are distributed, and design their ideal budget.
- The information collected from the online survey is being consolidated into a report and will be presented at a Special Council meeting in October, to assist in the development of the draft 2021 budget.
- Please visit the Financial Plan page of the website to learn more about the budget process and complete the survey. If you have any question please email email@example.com
Housing Needs Survey (closed)
- This year, the District of Sooke has collected information for the first Sooke Housing Needs Report through a Housing Needs Survey. The results of this survey can be found here.
- Thank you to everyone that participated in the survey.
Parks and Trails Master Plan Survey & Transportation Master Plan Survey (closed)
- Thank you to everyone that participated in the survey for each master plan.
- Here are the survey results The next round of public engagement will occur when a draft report is ready to bring forward the recommendations in late summer 2019