2023 Sooke Santa Run: Saturday, December 9th at dusk
The 30th annual “Santa Run” will take place on Saturday, December 9th starting at dusk (5ish). Presented by the Sooke Firefighter’s Association and IAFF Local 4841, the annual Santa Run is a well-loved holiday tradition in Sooke. Thanks to the collaborative efforts of firefighters and the community, much-needed donations are collected in support of the Sooke Christmas Bureau and local families in need.
Fundraising goal: $30,000
- Donate online at any time: Fundraiser by Sooke Firefighters: Sooke Firefighters for the Christmas Bureau (gofundme.com)
Decorated with bright and colourful Christmas lights and playing festive holiday music, four trucks loaded with Santa and helpers will be driving through neighbourhoods to spread holiday cheer.
How to participate:
- Make a donation online, at any time.
- Check out the four routes below and determine the closest location to you. All routes will have a Claus Pit Stop along them. Teams will be stopping at these stations for ~5 MINUTES at the designated times (displayed on the map), to greet families in the area, take photos and collect donations (cash or food).
- NOTE: New for 2023! The Blue Route will start from Fire Hall No. 1, changing the overall direction of the route. This will allow Blue to hit the greatest number of families at the beginning of the event.
- Listen for the music and look for the firetruck sirens and lights.
- Step outside, wave, cheer, and sing a carol as “Santa” drives by or gather at a Claus Pit Stop, meet your neighbours and enjoy the sights and sounds of this Sooke holiday tradition!
RELATED FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (& ANSWERS):
Will food items be accepted at the Sooke Fire Hall this season or during the Sooke Santa Run?
Yes, food items will be accepted this year. However, please note that monetary donations are preferred as the Sooke Food Bank and additional purchasing power with local suppliers to double the contributions received by cash donation.
For those wishing to donate food items, the Christmas Bureau notes that cereal, school snacks, and easy-open cans are always needed!
Can I make a monetary donation during the Santa Run?
Donations can also be made online at any time. Please note that there will be NO portable electronic payment systems this year.
Maps of each Route are listed below. Click on ‘Santa Run’ image to view one map of all four routes – individual route maps listed below.