Annual Santa Parade and Sooke Santa Run
2018 Santa Parade
We are calling on all residents of Sooke to show your holiday spirit and proudly represent our community.
The Santa Claus parade is being held on Sunday, December 2, 2018 starting at 5:00pm. The parade route will start at Sooke Elementary, continue along Sooke Road, turn right at Otter Point Road and end at Eustace Road.
2018 Sooke Santa Run
The 25th annual “Santa Run” will take place on Saturday, December 8th starting at dusk (5ish). Presented by the Sooke Firefighter’s Association and IAFF Local 4841, the annual Santa Run is a well-loved holiday tradition in Sooke. Thanks to the collaborative efforts of firefighters from the District of Sooke, Otter Point and East Sooke, much- needed cash and food donations are collected in support of the Sooke Christmas Bureau and local families in need.
Decorated with bright and colourful Christmas lights and playing festive holiday music, four trucks loaded with Santa and helpers will be driving through neighbourhoods to collect cash and food donations. This event is the capstone of the firefighters annual Fill-a-Fire-Truck campaign. Last year, over $100,000 worth of food and cash were donated by caring residents.
How to participate:
- Watch for your bag – AND REVIEW YOUR ROUTE (SOME HAVE CHANGED) delivered to homes in the town core by carriers of the Sooke News Mirror – and usual mail outlet drop boxes. Bags can be picked up at the Sooke Fire Station after November 28th.
- Check out the four routes on the bag and determine closest location to you.
- Place non-perishable donations in the bag.
- Follow our fire trucks online via our LIVE “Santa Tracker” – links to routes below will be live the day of the Santa Run.
- Listen for the music and look for the firetruck sirens and lights.
- Meet Santa en route with your donation bag.
Donations can also be dropped off at the Sooke Fire Hall at 2225 Otter Point Road.