2022 Sooke Santa Run: Saturday, December 10th at dusk
The 29th annual “Santa Run” will take place on Saturday, December 10th starting at dusk (5ish). Presented by the Sooke Firefighter’s Association and IAFF Local 4841, the annual Santa Run is a well-loved holiday tradition in Sooke. Thanks to the collaborative efforts of firefighters and the community, much-needed donations are collected in support of the Sooke Christmas Bureau and local families in need.
Decorated with bright and colourful Christmas lights and playing festive holiday music, four trucks loaded with Santa and helpers will be driving through neighbourhoods to spread holiday cheer.
How to participate:
- Make a donation online, at any time.
- Check out the four routes below and determine the closest location to you.
- Listen for the music and look for the firetruck sirens and lights.
- Step outside, wave, cheer, and sing a carol as “Santa” drives by!
RELATED FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (& ANSWERS):
Will food items be accepted at the Sooke Fire Hall this season or during the Sooke Santa Run?
No. While we are grateful for your generosity, this is because:
- there are limited volunteers available to manage the processing of goods
- with the need in the community being greater than ever, leveraging the purchasing power of the Sooke Christmas Bureau will help to best ensure the need can be met.
Can I make a monetary donation during the Santa Run?
Yes! Donations can also be made online at any time.
Maps of each Route are listed below. Click on ‘Santa Run’ image to view one map of all four routes – individual route maps listed below.
Click on each route to go to the individual maps: