Annual Santa Parade and Sooke Santa Run
2017 Santa Parade
Mayor and Council are excited to announce their participation in the 2017 Santa Claus Parade! The Sooke Lions Club is organizing this year’s event.
We are calling on all residents of Sooke to show your holiday spirit and proudly represent our community.
The Santa Claus parade is being held on Sunday, November 26th starting at 5:00pm. The parade route will start at Sooke Elementary, continue along Sooke Road, turn right at Otter Point Road and end at Eustace Road.
There will be a Christmas tree light up after the parade concludes in the roundabout and activities for everyone in the Evergreen Mall parking lot.
If you’re interested in participating in the parade, have questions or want to help organize, please email: email@example.com.
Information for parade participants:
- Meet at Sooke Elementary starting at 4:00 p.m
- Walkers will exit the parade at Eustace Road.
- Motorized floats and occupants will continue to Wadams Way.
- Floats with a final destination that is west of the town centre can use Anna Marie Road as an exit point.
- Floats with a final destination that is east of the town centre can use Church Road as an exit point.
2017 Sooke Santa Run
The 24th annual “Santa Run” will take place on Saturday, December 9th starting at 5:00pm. Presented by the Sooke Firefighter’s Association and IAFF Local 4841, the annual Santa Run is a well-loved holiday tradition in Sooke. Thanks to the collaborative efforts of firefighters from the District of Sooke, Otter Point and East Sooke, much- needed cash and food donations are collected in support of the Sooke Christmas Bureau and local families in need.
Decorated with bright and colorful Christmas lights and playing festive holiday music, four trucks loaded with Santa and helpers will be driving through neighbourhoods to collect cash and food donations. This event is the capstone of the firefighters annual Fill-a-Fire-Truck campaign. Last year, over $100,000 worth of food and cash were donated by caring residents.
How to participate:
- Watch for your bag – delivered to homes in the town core on November 29th by carriers of the Sooke News Mirror – and usual mail outlet drop boxes. Bags can be picked up at the Sooke Fire Station after the 29th.
- Check out the four routes on the bag and determine closest location to you.
- Place non-perishable donations in the bag.
- Follow our fire trucks online via our LIVE “Santa Tracker” (link below)
- Listen for the music and look for the firetruck sirens and lights.
- Meet Santa en route with your donation bag.
Donations can also be dropped off at the Sooke Fire Hall at 2225 Otter Point Road. Maps of each Route are listed below. Click on image to see the Route map.