Canada Day Celebrations
Monday, July 1, 2019
- Suggested Items to Bring: Chair, blanket, water, and flashlight (if you plan on staying for the Fireworks).
- Rules of the site: No Smoking, No Pets (except certified guide dogs), No Alcohol, and No Bicycles are permitted at the event.
- Security will be on site throughout the entire event.
- There will be no cash machines on site, vendors may have their own debit/credit machines.
Schedule of Events
|11:00 am||Gates Open|
|1:00 – 10:00 pm||Various activities for the Young and Youthful at Heart|
|12:00 pm (noon)||Opening Ceremonies & Special Recognitions|
|1:00 – 1:45 pm||The Magic Show with Donald Dunphy|
|1:30 – 3:30 pm||Chick Wagon Band|
|4:30 – 6:30 pm||The Country Line|
|7:00 -10:00 pm||Knacker’s Yard|
|1:00 – 8:00 pm||Community Painting Project Paint-a-Stroke|
|2:00 – 6:00 pm||Henna Station|
|1:45 – 2:30 pm||Gals I Like|
|2:30 – 3:30 pm||Music Bingo with Scott Macdonald|
|3:30 – 5:30 pm||Family Karaoke|
|FAMILY FUN ZONE 2:00 – 6:00 pm|
|Fun Time Inflatables||Traditional Family Games||Photo Selfie Booth|
|Face Painting||Giant Lawn Games||Balloon Twisting|
|Enchanted Fables||Imagination Station|
The celebration will be held at the Sooke River Campsite, located at 2259 Phillips Road.
- There will be limited parking available at Seaparc Leisure Centre off Phillips Road.
- Shuttles will be available from Evergreen Plaza and Edward Milne Community School between 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
|General Details:||The Canada Day committee will be accepting Vendor applications under May 31, 2019, for both merchants and food trucks.
For more information please contact email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
|Business Licences:||Business Licences|
Information to be added and updated frequently, please return often for more details about the event.
A partnership between the District of Sooke & the Sooke Lions Club