Public Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Calendar view of the District of Sooke public meeting schedule
- SUBSCRIBE to Council & Committee Meetings
- WATCH Council and Committee of the Whole meetings on the District’s YouTube Channel
How to participate in Council or Committee meetings
The District of Sooke’s authority to conduct virtual meetings has expired. Council Chambers is now open to the public.
- Under the Provincial Health Order for Gatherings and Events, council meetings are exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement.
- Under the current mask restrictions, members of the public attending Council meetings are required to wear masks while in the Council Chambers, must remain in the public seating area, and are asked to remain seated except when standing at the podium to address Council.
- Under Step 3 COVID restrictions, the capacity for Council Chambers is 50 people. Depending on the number of Council members and staff in attendance, this number will vary but is expected to allow a maximum of 35 members of the public to attend without distancing. While physical distancing is no longer required, the chairs have been separated but you are welcome to move them closer if you are attending with others and are comfortable sitting together.
General meeting information
- For a schedule of upcoming Council and Committee meetings, please see the Event Calendar.
- Agendas are prepared for all Council and Committee/Commission meetings and are posted at least 24 hours before the time of the meeting.
- Individuals wishing to “appear as a delegation” to Council should send a letter of request or complete the Request to Appear as a Delegation form, providing sufficient detail to describe the topic, the presenters and meeting date they wish to appear. The letter or completed form should be submitted to the Clerk by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday prior to the meeting. This procedure provides Council with an opportunity to prepare, resulting in a prompt and informed response.
- Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m., except on holidays when they are held on the following Tuesday.
- Council meetings are recorded and are typically available for viewing through a video link and the District of Sooke’s YouTube Channel within 48-hours of the meeting.
- To attend a Committee meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and note the meeting you would like to attend. You will receive the MS Teams meeting link to watch the meeting live. Committee meetings are not recorded and therefore, a recording/video link is not available.
- It is the responsibility of the Corporate Services department to ensure that accurate minutes of all meetings of Council and Council committees/commissions are prepared — and that access to these minutes is provided. Please note that minutes are not available until they are adopted by the Council or Committee/Commission.
Agendas, minutes, and Council videos can also be browsed using the CivicWeb Portal.