Public Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Calendar view of the District of Sooke public meeting schedule
- SUBSCRIBE to Council & Committee Meetings
How to participate in electronic meetings during COVID-19
District of Sooke Council meetings have moved to an electronic meeting platform during the COVID-19 pandemic to support physical distancing measures. Until further notice, Council meetings will not be physically open to members of the public.
The Province of BC issued Ministerial Order M192 on June 17, 2020, elaborating on previous ministerial orders and providing options for local governments to continue municipal business and hold meetings without in-person public attendance.
The District of Sooke believes that public participation is a fundamental tenet of democracy and leads to better-informed decision-making. Council wishes to hear from the public on issues that are important to them and encourages residents to comment on upcoming agenda items.
Public question and comment opportunities:
Should you have any concerns or comments you wish to convey to Council regarding an item on the agenda, please submit in writing by fax to 250-642-0541, email email@example.com or in-person to the Corporate Officer at the District Municipal Offices no later than noon on the day of a Council meeting.
You can register to speak live via phone or electronically (with a webcam and microphone) regarding an item on the agenda. Once registered, you will be provided with a phone number and instructions to call/join the live meeting. To register to speak and to receive further instructions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-642-1634. The deadline to register to speak live is noon on the day of a Council meeting.
If you have internet access, a valid email address and a microphone, you can register to attend via Microsoft Teams.Register to attend by email email@example.com. Once registered, an invitation to participate will be sent to your email. Note: Only registered participants will be admitted to the electronic meeting.
Please note that your full name is required and will be included in the meeting.
As always, members of the public can also contact Mayor and Council to share their questions and concerns regarding any municipal business, not just items on upcoming agendas, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
General meeting information
- For a schedule of upcoming Council and Committee meetings, please see the Event Calendar.
- Agendas are prepared for all Council and Committee/Commission meetings and are posted at least 24 hours before the time of the meeting.
- Individuals wishing to “appear as a delegation” to Council should send a letter of request or complete the Request to Appear as a Delegation form, providing sufficient detail to describe the topic, the presenters and meeting date they wish to appear. The letter or completed form should be submitted to the Clerk by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday prior to the meeting. This procedure provides Council with an opportunity to prepare, resulting in a prompt and informed response.
- Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m., except on holidays when they are held on the following Tuesday.
- Council meetings are recorded and are typically available for viewing through a video link and the District of Sooke’s YouTube Channel within 48-hours of the meeting.
- To attend a Committee meeting, please email email@example.com and note the meeting you would like to attend. You will receive the MS Teams meeting link to watch the meeting live. Committee meetings are not recorded and therefore, a recording/video link is not available.
- It is the responsibility of the Corporate Services department to ensure that accurate minutes of all meetings of Council and Council committees/commissions are prepared — and that access to these minutes is provided. Please note that minutes are not available until they are adopted by the Council or Committee/Commission.
Agendas, minutes, and Council videos can also be browsed using the CivicWeb Portal.