Public Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Updated January 6, 2022
- Calendar view of the District of Sooke public meeting schedule
- SUBSCRIBE to Council & Committee Meetings
- WATCH Council and Committee of the Whole meetings on the District’s YouTube Channel
General meeting information
- For a schedule of upcoming Council and Committee meetings, please see the Event Calendar.
- Agendas are prepared for all Council and Committee/Commission meetings and are posted at least 24 hours before the time of the meeting.
- Individuals wishing to “appear as a delegation” to Council should send a letter of request or complete the Request to Appear as a Delegation form, providing sufficient detail to describe the topic, the presenters and meeting date they wish to appear. The letter or completed form should be submitted to the Clerk by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday prior to the meeting. This procedure provides Council with an opportunity to prepare, resulting in a prompt and informed response.
- Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m., except on holidays when they are held on the following Tuesday.
- Council meetings are recorded and are typically available for viewing through a video link and the District of Sooke’s YouTube Channel within 48-hours of the meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the Corporate Services department to ensure that accurate minutes of all meetings of Council and Council committees/commissions are prepared — and that access to these minutes is provided. Please note that minutes are not available until they are adopted by the Council or Committee/Commission.
Agendas, minutes, and Council videos can also be browsed using the CivicWeb Portal.