Public Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Updated January 6, 2022
- Calendar view of the District of Sooke public meeting schedule
- SUBSCRIBE to Council & Committee Meetings
- WATCH Council and Committee of the Whole meetings on the District’s YouTube Channel
How to participate in Council or Committee meetings
Updated January 6, 2022 – The district continues to follow guidance from the Provincial Health Officer to keep all members of our community safe.
For the January 10, 2022 Regular Council Meeting, public participation, including delegations, will be restricted to electronic participation.
Council members, Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Corporate Officer and recording clerk will be in Council Chambers and are required to wear a mask during the meeting. All other participants will participate electronically. As per the Council Procedure Bylaw, up to 4 Council members are able to participate remotely.
Committee meetings for January will take place electronically.
General meeting information
- For a schedule of upcoming Council and Committee meetings, please see the Event Calendar.
- Agendas are prepared for all Council and Committee/Commission meetings and are posted at least 24 hours before the time of the meeting.
- Individuals wishing to “appear as a delegation” to Council should send a letter of request or complete the Request to Appear as a Delegation form, providing sufficient detail to describe the topic, the presenters and meeting date they wish to appear. The letter or completed form should be submitted to the Clerk by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday prior to the meeting. This procedure provides Council with an opportunity to prepare, resulting in a prompt and informed response.
- Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m., except on holidays when they are held on the following Tuesday.
- Council meetings are recorded and are typically available for viewing through a video link and the District of Sooke’s YouTube Channel within 48-hours of the meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the Corporate Services department to ensure that accurate minutes of all meetings of Council and Council committees/commissions are prepared — and that access to these minutes is provided. Please note that minutes are not available until they are adopted by the Council or Committee/Commission.
Agendas, minutes, and Council videos can also be browsed using the CivicWeb Portal.