Monday, September 18, 2023 – The District of Sooke Municipal Hall will be closed on Tuesday, September 26th, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for staff training.
The Hall will also be closed on Monday, October 2nd as the District honours the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. We encourage everyone to use September 30th as a day to learn, listen and reflect on our shared history and its impact on Indigenous Peoples. Locally, residents may wish to attend the Sooke Orange Shirt Day event being held at the library, hosted by Sooke’s Truth 4 Reconciliation volunteers.
If you have questions during the time the office is closed, please leave a message at 250.642.1634 or email info[at]sooke.ca and you will be contacted in a timely manner.
On each of the affected days, the municipal hall will re-open at 8:30 a.m. on the following morning. Essential services will not be impacted during the closures.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation Resources:
- National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- Government of Canada, Marking the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Government of Canada, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Beyond 94: Truth and Reconciliation in Canada
- The Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
Available 24 hours a day for anyone experiencing pain or distress as a result of their Residential school experience.