Friday, September 10, 2021 – The Sooke Music and Arts Festival is coming back live with an additional celebration as Sooke is rated as one of the most resilient communities in the province by BC Business magazine! Mark your calendar, September 18-19, for a ton of free fun for the whole family as we come together, safely, in the outdoors at John Phillips Memorial Park!
The 6th edition of the Sooke Music and Arts Festival will be complemented by Celebrate Sooke!, an extended variation of the Sooke Fall Fair AND additional local vendors with the Sooke Country Market: four exciting events combine for one incredible weekend!
What’s on over the weekend at John Phillips Memorial Park?
Throughout the weekend, enjoy:
- some of the finest musical acts that the Southern Island has to offer;
- delicious food from one of our various extra-tasty food vendors;
- a festival-wide spirit garden featuring local brewers and distillers;
- admire some of the local artists’ arts and crafts;
- just relax, take in the fresh Westcoast breeze, and;
- watch your little ones having fun on the bouncy castles!
On Saturday, September 18th from 9:00 a.m (pancake breakfast starts at 8:00 a.m.). to 5:00 p.m. additional festivities will include:
- a free pancake breakfast hosted by the Sooke Lions (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.);
- Loggersport demonstrations, a fond reflection from historic All Sooke Days (11:00 a.m., 1:00p.m., 3:00p.m.);
- Sooke Country Market, plus additional local vendors (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.);
- Community & Community Business Vendors (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Sooke Fall Fair Bike Parade (10:00 a.m.) and;
- a Kids’ Zone (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with magic shows at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.).
Be sure to stop by the Sooke Chamber of Commerce booth at the event on September 18th to pick up a local business visitor card and learn how you can enter to WIN a prize package valued at over $1600!
Musical guests throughout the weekend include:
- David Gogo
- Vox Rea
- Sarah Osborne
- Carolyn Mark
- Gord Phillips
- Ed Fury
- Secret Emchy Society
- Quiet Culture
- Mother Vein
- Kady Savard
- The Hot Noise
- Bob Menzies
- Fine Brew
- Aggressive Departure
- Taylor Bent
- And more!
Attendees are reminded to follow the current health guidelines. Additional sanitization stations will be set up throughout the event.
Free on-site parking will be available for vehicles and bicycles. While on-site vehicle parking is available, participants are encouraged to use alternative modes of transportation to attend as, together, we work to lower our carbon footprint.
Many thanks to our event partners: Sooke Lions, Sooke Rotary, Sooke Country Market, Sooke Fall Fair, Sooke Region Museum and Tourist Information Centre, and Sooke Chamber of Commerce. We also acknowledge with gratitude, the opportunity to host these events on the traditional lands of the T’Sou-ke Nation.
John Phillips Memorial Park is located at 2201 Otter Point Road.
Peter Jonassen, Sooke Music and Arts Festival
Christina Moog, Communications Coordinator
250.642.1634, ext. 678