Wednesday, December 8, 2021 – The roadwork components of two major construction projects in Sooke’s town core remain on schedule for year-end completion. Due to weather, sidewalk and landscaping will continue in the new year. The District is working with contractors to provide residents with regular updates. Please continue to visit sooke.ca/news for the latest district information.
The primary focus for this week has been asphalt removal and applying road, curb and sidewalk base.
Curbs will be poured in the coming days.
Next week, December 14th to 17th, paving and patching on Church Road and the bike path near Wadams Way will take place.
Tentatively, December 20th to 23rd, form and pouring of sidewalks, driveway letdowns and temporary road markings will take place.
The remaining work such as irrigation, topsoil, sod, electrical and streetlighting will take place starting December 20th and into the new year.
Otter Point Road:
Curb installation is nearing completion and road paving is set to begin shortly. Depending on weather, we are hopeful road paving will be complete next week.
- November 19th Update: Church and Otter Point Road Construction Projects
- November 5th Update: Church and Otter Point Road Construction Projects
- Traffic Advisory: Church Road (Sooke Road to Wadams Way)
- Traffic Advisory: Otter Point Road (Highway 14 to Wadams Way)
- Planned Traffic Events (Traffic Advisory) Information Page
- Transportation Master Plan Implementation Information Page
District of Sooke Reception