Tuesday, September 26, 2023 – Construction continues on the Church/Throup Roundabout, along with drainage and utility works related to the neighbouring 2182 Church Road development.
Next week, longer delays are expected, as utility relocation on Church Road is completed. Please be patient and avoid the area, if possible.
Intermittent single-lane alternating traffic and/or short-term holding of traffic as large equipment moves around the site will cause delays. While best efforts will be made to minimize the disruption, those travelling in the area are asked to allow more time for their travels. Families making their way to/from school are strongly encouraged to make use of the Active Routes to Schools, including alternative meeting spots to alleviate some of the congestion in the area.
The initial works on the site include:
- mobilizing equipment;
- locating utilities;
- site clearing and grubbing, which includes the removal of stumps, roots, buried logs; and
- ditching and site drainage.
As always, patience is appreciated. Please follow posted signage and traffic control personnel who are supporting the safety of crews and the community.
Further updates will be provided as key project milestones are met.
- Hazelwood Construction, 250-716-7940
- September 1, 2023: Throup/Church Intersection to Re-open with Single Lane Alternating Traffic on Throup September 5-8, 2023 (sooke.ca)
- September 1, 2023: District of Sooke Launching Active Routes to Schools Campaign in Partnership with Sooke School District
- August 25, 2023: Construction on Church/Throup Road Roundabout Project: Temporary Intersection Closure from August 29 to September 1 – Detours in Effect (sooke.ca)
- July 25, 2023: Tenders Awarded for Charters Road and Church-Throup Road Roundabout Projects (sooke.ca)