Friday, April 9, 2021 – Sooke Fire Rescue will be conducting live-fire training in an acquired structure near the 2400 block of Otter Point Road on Saturday, April 10th, 2021. Please be advised:
- Training will take place between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- COVID-19 safety plans and measures are in place and applicable to all on-site personnel throughout the training session.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, bystanders will not be permitted to watch or congregate in the area.
- Members will be assigned throughout the training session to ensure response to emergency incidents remains unaffected in our community.
- Traffic on Otter Point Road is not anticipated to be negatively impacted throughout the training session.
- Asphalt shingles have been removed and properly disposed of from the building.
Over the last several weeks, Sooke Fire Rescue has been conducting numerous training drills to ensure skills are optimized when they are needed most. The ongoing efforts of the team to support community safety are a tremendous asset to Sooke.
Quick facts: Sooke Fire has responded to 240 calls this year and conducted 48 service investigations and inspections.
Captain Cam Norris-Jones
District of Sooke