Advance Voting Day for 2022 General Election

Event Details

  • Date:
  • Categories:

In addition the general voting day of October 15, 2022, two Advance Voting opportunities will be provided. Electors may also vote by mail by requesting a Mail Ballot Voting package before October 13, 2022.

Vote in Advance

There are two days of advance voting at Council Chambers, 2225 Otter Point Road, Sooke BC:

  • Wednesday, October 5, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday, October 12, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

General Voting Day

General Voting Day is Saturday, October 15, 2022 at Edward Milne Community School.

Vote by Mail

Any voter can apply to vote by mail.

To request a mail ballot, please complete Form 11-1 Request for Mail Ballot Application and email, fax, mail, or deliver it to the Chief Election Officer between September 21 and October 13, 2022.

Ballots will be mailed or available for pick up at the Municipal Hall beginning on October 5, 2022 and must be returned to the Chief Election Officer by end of voting on October 15. Ballots may be returned by mail or dropped off in-person at the Municipal Hall until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 14. Ballots may also be dropped off at the General Voting Day location (Edward Milne Community School – 6218 Sooke Road) on October 15 before 8:00 p.m.

Voter Identification

To register to vote as a resident elector at the time of voting you will need two of the following identification documents showing residency and identity and one must contain a signature.

  • BC Driver’s Licence*
  • BC Identification Card
  • BC Services Card*
  • ICBC Registration
  • Citizenship Card
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Property tax notice
  • Credit card or debit card
  • Utility bill

*if you have a combined BC Driver’s Licence and Service Card, it counts as only one piece of identification.

To register as a non-resident property elector at the time of voting you will need two pieces of ID as listed above, plus one document that provides proof of property ownership, such as:

  • Property tax notice/certificate
  • Property assessment notice from BC Assessment
  • State of Title Certificate
  • Title Search
  • Certificate of Indefeasible Title
  • If applicable, written consent of a majority of the registered owners on title

Learn more:

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.