Friday, November 17, 2023 – With increased calls about parking compliance and concerns for public safety, we are reminding residents of District parking regulations in Sooke. As per the District of Sooke’s Traffic and Highway Regulation Bylaw, parking is not permitted:
- on a sidewalk or centre median;
- in front of or within 2 metres of a public or private driveway;
- in any lane;
- within 5 metres of a fire hydrant measured from a point on the curb or edge of the highway;
- on or within 6 metres of a crosswalk;
- within 6 metres upon the approach to a stop sign;
- within 6 metres of either side of the entrance to or exit from a hotel, theatre, public meeting place, fire hall or playground.
Note: the above list is not exhaustive and captures some of the most commonly expressed concerns.
Residents will notice increased signage to help educate the public about parking regulations as enforcement increases.
Concerns with compliance?
Report concerns by phone to 250.642.1634 or email at email@example.com.
Thanks for your help to ensure safe access through local streets is maintained.