Thursday, March 4, 2021 – From the Province, as of March 4, 2021:
- The program has been extended to August 31, 2021 or until funds are fully expended, whichever comes first
- Businesses only need to show a 30% revenue loss from March 2020 to now when compared to the same one-month period in 2019
- Help preparing a complete application package is now available from a registered Small Business BC service provider
If you applied to the program prior to March 4, 2021:
- You do not need to resubmit an application
- Applications received prior to changes will be reviewed under updated program criteria
- Businesses that have already been approved for funding are not affected by these changes
Friday, February 5, 2021 – The British Columbia (BC) Government launched the Small and Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant Program (Program) in September 2020 to help businesses impacted by COVID-19. The program provides fully-funded grants of up to $30,000 to eligible BC businesses, along with up to $15,000 additional funding to eligible tourism-based BC businesses.
After listening to businesses, industry organizations, and local elected officials, the Province streamlined the eligibility criteria, improving the experience for small and medium-sized businesses.
What businesses need to know
- The Program has a two-step process:
- Businesses need to visit gov.bc.ca/businessrecoverygrant to learn how the program works, determine eligibility requirements, and see what they need to apply. Then businesses are ready for Step One: start their application.
- After an application is received, the BC Government reviews for eligibility, reaching out to applicants if they have any questions or need more info. If eligibility is confirmed, businesses move to Step Two: complete a recovery plan.
- Information is available on the Program website in languages other than English, including Simplified Chinese, Punjabi, French, Farsi, Korean, Vietnamese and more.
Time is running out – businesses are encouraged to apply for BC’s Business Recovery Grant today.
To learn more, visit the program website: http://www.gov.bc.ca/businessrecoverygrant