Monday, November 9, 2020 – With the recent provincial increases in COVID-19 cases the public is advised to remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19 and continue to follow guidance from public health:
- wash hands regularly
- maintain a distance if 2 metres (6 feet) from others
- wear a mask if you are not able to maintain distance and when visiting indoor public spaces
- keep your bubble small, to not exceed more than your safe six.
In the event of an exposure, individuals will be contacted by Island Health and provided with further directions. In the event of an outbreak or public exposure occurring within Island Health, the Data, Outbreak and Public Exposure page on the Island Health website will be updated. Should an outbreak or a public exposure event occur locally, the District will receive direction from Island Health to support communication efforts and keep the community of Sooke informed.
The district will continue to receive information from public health on the COVID-19 pandemic through the Emergency Operation Centre and will keep residents informed as new information becomes available.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- BC Public Health Officer – Orders, Notices, Posters, Guidance and Letters
- Government of BC COVID-19 News Releases
- District of Sooke COVID-19 page
Christina Moog, Communications Coordinator
Tel: 250.642.1634, ext. 678