December 2019 and January 2020 Public Engagement Summary
An Open House was held Tuesday December 3rd, 2019 at the Edward Milne Community School between 5pm and 8pm, which was attended by approximately 150 people. The open house presentation materials can be viewed here. Feedback was solicited until January 15, 2020 with over 350 participant interactions occurring via feedback form submissions, emails, phone calls and letters. The Engagement Summary Report can be found here. Public input has led to the following updates to the design of the Connie Road to Glinz Lake Road project:
- A new pedestrian underpass will be added to Highway 14 just east of Glinz Lake Road/Polymede Place to support active transportation in the region.
- New eastbound and westbound bus bays will be added to Highway 14 at Glinz Lake Road/Polymede Place to better serve transit users.
- The proposed Cooper’s Cove U-turn has been removed. Instead, a connector road between Manzer Road and Gillespie Road will allow Manzer Road residents access/egress from the highway via the new Gillespie Road grade-separated intersection. This connector will also provide an alternate emergency detour connection for Highway 14 between Glinz Lake Road and Gillespie Road, as well as further support active transportation in the area with sideroad connections.
- Culvert sizes will be increased to accommodate crossings of amphibians and mammals.
- Scuppered median barriers will be strategically placed to help keep small mammals from being trapped on the highway.
- Approximately 30 streetlights will be added near sideroad intersections to improve visibility for drivers.
May 2020 design roll plot illustrating the updated design of the Connie Road to Glinz Lake Road project
(click image for link to MOTI project page)