The District of Sooke has several bylaws and regulations that require an application for a permit. Applications are available from the Municipal office or here.

Development Permits

If you are thinking of developing property, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Department.

Building Permits

You must apply and receive a permit before beginning any work for which a building permit is required. A completed building permit application form must be submitted with the required plans and documentation. The application form MUST BE SIGNED by all registered owners of the property. For more information, see Building Department.

Engineering Permits

If you are thinking of subdividing your property, would like to use a local park for an event, need a highway access permit — please do not hesitate to contact the Engineering Department.

Fire Permits

For information on burning and fire permits, please contact the Fire Department.

See Contacts for individual departments of staff email.