November 2, 2020, 3:30pm – The district has been advised by the British Columbia River Forecast Centre that river flows are expected to rise on Southern Vancouver Island through Tuesday (November 3) and into Wednesday (November 4). They may potentially remain elevated through Thursday (November 5).
“The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during the high-streamflow period,” says District of Sooke Fire Chief, Kenn Mount.
The greatest rainfall is anticipated to hit Tofino, with a lesser impact on Sooke. The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor the conditions, providing updates to the district as conditions warrant.
Kenn Mount, District of Sooke Fire Chief
District of Sooke
2225 Otter Point Road
Tel: (250) 642-5422
Local emergency information sources:
- District of Sooke Twitter Channel: www.twitter.com/SookeCa
- The Sooke Fire Rescue Dept. Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SookeFireRescue/
- The Sooke ESS Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SookeEmergencySupportServices/
- District of Sooke website: www.sooke.ca
- Emergency Info BC: www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/