Municipal Hall will be CLOSED for holidays from December 27, 2021 to January 3, 2022. Essential services remain in operation during the office closure. We will reopen for regular business on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
During the holiday closure, documentation may be deposited in the Mail Drop Box located at the front entrance of the Municipal Hall. Correspondence sent to email@example.com during this time will be responded to upon the team’s return, during the first week of January. Emergency contacts are:
- Fire Department or Sooke RCMP Detachment Emergency – 911
- Fire Department: Non-emergencies – 250.642.5422
- Sooke RCMP Detachment: Non-emergencies – 250.642.5241
- Wastewater Emergencies: Please contact 250.642.1634 and press 5 for an operator. Operators are available 24/7.
- Please contact utility providers for emergencies regarding their services:
- CRD Water: 250 474 9600
- BC Hydro Emergency Line 1-888-POWERON (1.888.769.3766), or *HYDRO (*49376) on your cell phone.
- Fortis BC (Natural gas emergencies) 1.800.663.9911 (24 hours)
- Road Maintenance Emergency: Victoria Contracting (Ansan Group) is the District of Sooke’s municipal roads maintenance contractor. Contact Victoria Contracting directly at 250.474.2688.
Staff and Council wish you the best of a safe holiday season!