Video available for those unable to attend in person
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 – After receiving input from the community, the District has prepared its 2022-2026 five-year financial plan. The plan identifies an increase of approximately $100 per year based on the average residential property assessment, or $8.33 per month for 2022.
Listening to the community, we heard about the need to improve local road infrastructure and continue with the implementation of the Transportation Master Plan, proceed with implementation of the Parks and Trails Master Plan and implement adaptation and mitigation strategies to respond to the climate emergency.
Join us at the Budget Open House on Wednesday, December 1st from 3pm to 7pm at the municipal hall to:
- Meet service area staff who are committed to working with the community and delivering in its mission as a compassionate, engaged and effective organization providing excellent public services to its citizens.
- Learn about District operations and processes.
- Understand how your tax dollars are being maximized.
- Learn what projects are currently captured in the five-year financial plan.
- Help shape Budget 2022 by providing input on the identified priority areas.
Questions on the budget can be submitted through letstalk.sooke.ca/budget, connect with staff by phone at 250.642.1634 or submit comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.