Pursuant to Section 99 of the Community Charter, Council invites the public to provide comment by telephone or written submission regarding the District of Sooke 2016 Draft Annual Report for the Regular Council Meeting, to be held on:
|Date:||Monday, June 26, 2017|
|Place:||District of Sooke Council Chamber
2205 Otter Point Road, Sooke, BC
The 2016 Annual Report includes the 2016 audited financial statements, a schedule of 2016 tax exemptions, and information on services, objectives, and measures used to determine the District’s success in meeting the objectives.
More specifically, the 2016 Annual Report will include:
- a statement of objectives and measures that will be used as the basis for determining the municipality’s performance during 2017 and 2018;
- a report on the municipality’s services and operations for 2016;
- the municipality’s audited annual financial statements for 2016;
- a list of the permissive tax exempted properties for 2016;
- a progress report on the performance of the municipality with respect to established objectives and measures for 2016;
- any declarations of disqualification made against individual council members in 2016.
Pursuant to s. 97 of the Community Charter, starting June 9, 2017, copies of the draft District of Sooke 2016 Annual Report will be available for public inspection here or at the front Reception Counter of municipal hall during regular business hours.
To provide comment, contact Corporate Services by telephone or in writing. Deadline for submission is 3 p.m. on June 26, 2017. Residents can also appear to provide verbal comment at the Regular Council meeting scheduled for June 26, 2017.
Click here to download the draft 2016 Annual Report.
For more information, contact:
2205 Otter Point Road
Sooke, BC V9Z 1J2