Friday, December 17, 2021 – Two major construction projects in Sooke’s town core are reaching major milestones with paving taking place this week. Church Road will remain closed until approximately 6:00 p.m. today as paving is finished.
Due to weather, sidewalk and landscaping will continue in the new year. The District is working with contractors to provide residents with regular updates. Please continue to visit sooke.ca/news for the latest district information.
Next week, form and pour for sidewalks and driveway letdowns will occur.
From January 3rd to 20th, landscaping including irrigation, topsoil and sod will be completed. Also early in January, electrical and street lighting will be finished. The contractor advises that there should be “very little traffic disruption in January.”
Otter Point Road:
Road paving is nearing completion and temporary centre lines are being installed. Once temperatures rise, full line painting will be completed.
Sidewalk preparation and pours, along with streetlight installation will occur in the new year.
- December 8th Update: Church and Otter Point Road Construction Projects
- November 19th Update: Church and Otter Point Road Construction Projects
- November 5th Update: Church and Otter Point Road Construction Projects
- Traffic Advisory: Church Road (Sooke Road to Wadams Way)
- Traffic Advisory: Otter Point Road (Highway 14 to Wadams Way)
- Planned Traffic Events (Traffic Advisory) Information Page
- Transportation Master Plan Implementation Information Page
District of Sooke Reception