2019 – 2022 Strategic Plan
Adopted on September 30, 2019, the 2019 – 2022 Strategic Plan sets out a decision-making framework that reflects the priorities of the current District of Sooke Council. The Strategic Plan establishes long-term direction and specific, achievable actions to guide the governance and operations of the municipality.
The 2019 – 2022 Strategic Plan can be viewed here: 2019-2022 Council Strategic Plan
An inclusive, healthy, and self-sufficient community where the rainforest meets the sea.
The District of Sooke strives to be a compassionate, engaged, and effective organization providing excellent public services to its citizens by:
- Maintaining our strong sense of identity;
- Managing our growth for generations to come; and,
- Making our local economy diverse and resilient.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Effective governance
- Community well-being and safety
- Community vibrancy
- Long-term thinking
- Effective & consistent communication
- Environmental leadership
- Build a reputable organization
- Demonstrate leadership in climate action
- Manage long-term growth while enhancing community identity, vitality, and safety.
The 2019 -2022 Council Strategic Plan was developed with an accompanying “Action Plan”, which will be used to track progress towards meeting the goals and objectives of the strategic plan and to provide a quarterly update to Council. The following reports provide a timeline of this progress.
The previous 2016 Strategic Plan and Workplan can be viewed here: 2016 Strategic Plan and Workplan