Monday, January 25, 2021 – Effective 2021, homeowners no longer apply for the homeowner grant through their municipal office.
Everyone will apply directly through the province using their new online system. The system will be available in early 2021. Although the application process has changed, program details and eligibility requirements have not.
IMPORTANT: Early applications are not being accepted at this time. To be notified when the system goes live, subscribe to the Province’s What’s New in BC Property Taxes page.
Get ready to apply
The best time to apply is after you receive your property tax notice in the mail and before your property tax due date.
- Wait to receive your property tax notice in the mail.
- Keep your property tax notice on hand. It has important numbers you’ll need to apply.
- Once applications open, you can apply quickly and easily online.
- If you’re unable to apply online, call us at 1-888-355-2700 for assistance.
For more information about the homeowner grant visit gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.
- Province of BC: How to Apply for the Home Owner Grant
- District of Sooke Homeowner Grant Information page (this page will be archived June 30, 2021)