The District of Sooke offers a Community Grants Program to contribute funding to local non-profit organizations who contribute to the well-being of the community.
In February 2017, Council amended Policy 5.1 Community Grant Program Policy to simplify the administration of the Community Grants Program. These changes will come into full effect in 2018.
For 2017, the Community Grants Program will follow a modified version of the Community Grants Program Policy as follows:
- Previous “Category A” grant recipients (table below) will automatically be considered for funding in the 2017 budget. Final funding decisions will be contingent on approval of the 2017-2021 Five Year Financial Plan. These organizations do NOT need to apply for 2017 funding.
- All other grant applicants not listed below who wish to be considered for 2017 Grant funding must apply by March 15, 2017.
- Community Grant Application Form
- Community Grant Final Report Form
|Sooke Food Bank Society||$10,000|
|Citizens on Patrol Sooke||$2,800|
|EMCS Society for the Sooke Youth Council||$3,500|
|JDF Regional Park Watch Society||$5,000|
|Sooke Community Arts Council||$4,000|
|Sooke Residents in Need Society – Crisis Centre Program||$6,120|
|Sooke Lions Club||$5,000|
|Sooke Family Resource Society||$2,000|
|Sooke Region Food CHI||$7,000|
|Sooke Fine Arts Society||$7,000|
|Vancouver Island South Film & Media Commission||$500|
|Sooke Transition Town Society (Wild Wise Sooke)||$2,925|
|Need 2 – Suicide Prevention Education & Awareness||$1,592|
The District of Sooke will hold two evening workshops to familiarize applicants with the new policy and application procedures:
- February 21 & 22, 2017 (@7pm in Council Chamber)