Community Grant Review Committee
Do you have a project in mind that would improve or promote Sports, Recreation, Culture, Fine Arts, Heritage, Community Beautification, Public Safety or community welfare (including promotion and economic development) in Sooke? Would you like to get help funding your project?
The newly formed Community Grant Review Committee is searching for groups to put forth proposals under the new Community Grant Program Policy.
Under the new policy, there are three opportunities for funding:
- Category A – Annual Grant, for non-profit community groups on the basis that they provide an ongoing valuable program to the Community.
- Category B – Bi-Annual Grant for non-profit community groups for new projects or the enhancement of existing programs, activities or events that will be completed or take place within one year of the anniversary date of the Council approval of the grant. Application deadlines are April 30th and September 30th.
- Category C – Service Agreement funding is for services provided by a District of Sooke based non-profit community group on the basis that they provide an ongoing valuable program or service to the community.
How to Apply:
- Obtain an application form, along with the rules for eligibility, application procedures and conditions of funding, on this website (see above Policy) or at the municipal offices at 2205 Otter Point Road.
- Complete the application form, including budget (Appendix II to Policy) and financial statements, for your organization as set out in the Community Grant Program Policy.
- Submit all documentation to the Director of Finance at the municipal offices.
The Community Grant Review Committee will review all applications, receive your presentation on your application and then make recommendations to Council for funding.
Upon completion of the project, groups MUST make a presentation to the Community Grant Review Committee or Council and submit the following:
- Final Report (Appendix III to Policy)
- Financial Statement